Monday, September 17, 2007

Things the dogs learned this summer: Part 2

Number of entries received for the 2008 InnermoonLit Award for Best First Chapter of a Novel to date: 14

The dogs are on a bit of a different learning curve, so each will have to give his final lesson separately.

Lesson #4 from Kasay: Ice eating is a delicious way to stay hydrated.


Lesson #4A: But be sure to save some of your ice for later. It will make a lovely midnight snack.

Lesson #4B: Doh! Where’d my ice go?! Oooohhh yeah…I mean, DON'T try to save it for later. I don’t know why I can’t keep that one straight. Must develop a mnemonic device…Chew it fast, for it won’t last? ICE = It Can Expire? Eat it when it’s dealt or it will melt?

Lesson #5 from Brodsky (see above three pics): Hamming for the camera is a sign of immaturity. Keep your face turned away from the paparazzi at all times.

Oh no! They caught me! How embarrassing. [Or maybe he is humiliated by his owner's socks-with-sandals fashion faux pas. Hey, I was just trying to keep the skeeters off my ankles.]

Lesson #5A: Best to have a good sense of humor when cornered. Punching out the paparazzi only leads to trouble, or so my parole officer tells me.



No comments: